Sunday, September 12, 2010

Things I Would Like...

As fall creeps in there are just a few things I would like to ease the transition...

Campfire in NB


A new tent- The Mountain Light by LLBean

Our faithful EMS Tristar has finally submitted to the elements. Recently our tent pole splintered in two places. We duck taped it- because duck tape basically works for everything- but there is only so long I can handle this fussy little ghetto tent.

I've picked out the Mountain Light because it has all the features we particularly love about our current tent at a excellent price. Here is our list of tent loves- dual side doors, ample vestibule room, ample room for canine friends, and lots of netting.

A new sleeping bag- EMS' Mountain Light Bag

Okay- I am seriously not going with a "mountain light" theme here. I just realized while typing that these two items from separate companies are both called Mountain Light. Guess that keeps it simple.

Really though I want the Mountain Light bag because it packs down into nothing and is perfect for backpacking and bike touring trips. I know, I know, that is what down does. But seriously, I can't wait until my sleeping bag takes up less than half my pack.

About a million more nights outside

Let's face it- no matter how much I get outside I'll always feel like I need to get out more.

No comments: