Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Outdoors and Your Brain

As if we all needed another reason to do the thing we truly love...

I was catching up on a few old issues of Outside magazine and was pleased to find this snippet that supports that idea that many of your brain's functions (attention, memory, processing, etc.) perform better with healthy doses of the outdoors.

The View

Personally I am a very strong believer in the relationship between a healthy mind, body, and the outdoors. Coming off a very odd winter I just didn't get outside to extent that I like to. I also didn't exercise nearly enough. How did my brain feel? Like a big slushy mess.

Now that we are onto an early freakish spring up here in the Northeast- I've been trying to tip the balance towards more outside equals more happy. I will certainly let you know how that goes...

No comments: