Monday, July 16, 2012

Hiking New Hampshire's 4,000 Footers: Mount Moosilauke 6.30.2012

When we started to hike the 4,000 Footers in New Hampshire we decided to start fresh. We wouldn't count any of the peaks we have already done, even the ones we had done together. Moosilauke is a popular mountain to hike and I had hiked it three times before without Adam.

Mount Moosilauke

The last time I was on this mountain was probably ten years ago and truthfully, I barely remember it other than we did NOT use the Beaver Brook Trail. I know this because the Beaver Brook trail has many tricky, slippery sections next to a waterfall that I definitely did not hike before.

Mount Moosilauke

Mount Moosilauke

We've been meeting a lot of people up on the mountains especially because Adam is the "mayor" of hiking trails. He chats just about anybody up while I'd rather sweat and huff and puff away in silence. Don't get me wrong- I'm a talker- but I do that all week and when the weekends hit I want solitude and silence. Very hard to do on these mountains in New Hampshire because everybody is off on vacation and thinking the same thing as us.

Mount Moosilauke

Hiking this list has been amazing and life changing though. I can't tell you how much quicker and easier the week seems to go by knowing that the weekend has another peak for us to summit. We also been noticing that I can finally, finally, finally stop talking about work once I am hiking. It clears my mind. I would prescribe it to just about anyone...

Mount Moosilauke

No comments: